Roofing Felt Waterproof Bitumen Felt Asphalt Roof Felt Bitumen Roofing Underlay
Roofing felt is made of a base, made from natural materials or synthetic ones ,such as fiberglass or polyester, and then coated or saturated with a protective coating such as bitumen (asphalt), which repels water but still allows the product to breathe.
Feathers and benefits
1. High impermeability, high tensile strength, high extension coefficient
2. Puncture resistance, tear resistance, anti-corrosion, mildew resistance
3. SBS is suitable for lower temperature area, while APP is suitable for higher temperature area
4. Perfect durability, service life can up to 30 years
5. Flexible install method: Either by heating and melting method, or cold-adhesive method. Either single or multiple layer.
6. No flow, no dripping in higher temperature;
No crack in lower temperature
Asphalt roofing felt used as an underlay beneath asphalt shingles, wood shakes, tiles and other sloped coverings.
Storage and handling
1) Make sure the roof deck smooth, clean and dry (Moisture <9%), then coat the surface of your roof deck with a kind of bitumen paint till dry to start installation.
2) Two ways in installation:
First, heating and melting method----Heat the PE film of the membrane and roof deck surface by heating and melting method to nearly melted (not flowing), then install the membrane fully bonded to the roof deck with overlaps of 5-10cm.
Second, cold-adhesive method-----Pour the cold adhesive homogeneously on the roof deck, the roll the membrane to install it to be fully stick to roof deck.
3) After installation, a full serious inspection is required to make sure no air bubble, no fold, no falling away to guarantee the waterproof life.
|Product name||Asphalt waterproofing membrane|